Setting a price for your home can be one of the most important decisions you make when placing your home on the market. The asking price can often make or break the sale. The asking price is part of the marketing of the home.
Here are some tips on how to set the right asking price in a strategy to sell.
1. It’s not personal. Let go of your personal feelings for your home. Potential buyers don’t care how much you paid for the home, how much time you spent planting a garden or how much money you’ve invested in in updates. A house is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay.
2. Get a professional opinion. A real estate professional can give you an opinion of its likely selling price range. The opinion should consider the prices of comparable recently sold homes, on-the-market homes and homes that were on the market, but weren’t sold.
3. Act like a buyer. Do your research by attending open houses in your area. Try to think like a buyer and try to make an impartial assessment of how those homes compare to yours in terms of location, size, amenities and condition.
4. Consider market conditions. What are the home prices in your area doing? Are the prices going up or falling? What are the average days on market for a home in your price range? If prices are falling you will want to be aggressive in pricing making your home the best buy on the market and look for a quick sale before prices continue to fall.
It is great to have a room renovation every once in a while but painting and changing the look of a room can be costly and time consuming. Here are three quick and simple ways to change the look of your room without busting the budget.
- Window Treatments are one of the quickest, simplest and most affordable ways to change the whole look and feel of a room. If you prefer to take the focus away from the windows, choose neutral colors, and a simple style. If you would like to create a dramatic look and emphasize the view, choose more color or a bolder style in the window treatments. A layered look with sheers or a top treatment will also do the trick.
- Lighting can definitely add color. A simple solution would be to add colored bulbs to some of your light fixtures. Incandescent lighting can also add more warmth, and accent lighting can highlight an area of the room. Transform a room’s mood with dimmers, uplights, and sheer textile lampshades. Wall sconces, floor lamps and even candles can also change the look of a room.
- Artwork can change the look without busting the budget. Artwork can be from a local gallery, children’s drawings or just what you already have hanging around the house. Choose pieces that showcase intense colors but also work well with the existing pieces in your room. Try moving your current artwork around. Photos, vases, and other collectibles can give new life to a room. Group them in sets of three or five for an instant eye-catching display.
The possibilities are endless. You can infuse a lot of color into any room without once having to pry open a paint can or spend a fortune. Have fun!
Sudbury MA ListingsSudbury, MA - $465,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:7 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/1Sudbury, MA - $594,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:3Sudbury, MA - $699,450 - Single-Family - Ranch - Rooms:16 - Beds:4 - Baths:2Sudbury, MA - $539,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:2/1
Framingham MA ListingsFramingham, MA - $1,400 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:14 hours agoFramingham, MA - $12,000 - Business Opportunity - - Rooms: - Beds: - Baths:6 hours agoFramingham, MA - $199,999 - Business Opportunity - - Rooms: - Beds: - Baths:6 hours agoFramingham, MA - $299,000 - Multi-Family - Units:2 - Levels:3 - Parking Spaces:211 hours ago
Wayland MA ListingsWayland, MA - $315,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:1 - Baths:2/1Wayland, MA - $619,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Wayland, MA - $669,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:7 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/1Wayland, MA - $549,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:3
- Selectmen Holding Office Hours Dec. 10 December 9, 2013The Board will begin offering monthly "Office Hours" where no more than two members of the Board will be at different sites in the Town. […]
- Cardinal O'Malley Accepts Invitation to Preach at Sudbury United Methodist Church December 9, 2013Cardinal SeA n P. O'Malley, Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Boston, has accepted an invitation to preach during an ecumenical service of worship to be held at 4 p.m. at Sudbury United Methodist Church on Sunday, Jan. 12, according to BostonCatholic.org . […]
- Get into the Holiday Season with Winter Concerts at Lincoln-Sudbury December 9, 2013Enjoy an evening of music that stretches from classical to contemporary. Seasonal works include selections from "The Nutcracker," "Carol of the Bells," and a combined presentation of "Sleigh Ride" by both of the bands and orchestra. […]
- Hockey Captains Share Thoughts on Scott Milley Fundraiser December 9, 2013The second annual Warriors 4 Warriors/Patriots 4 Benefit Hockey Game will be held Dec. 14 at 5 p.m. at the New England Sports Center in Marlborough. […]
- Selectmen Holding Office Hours Dec. 10 December 9, 2013
- Help Wanted: Director of Student Services for Lighthouse Academies December 10, 2013Lighthouse Academies in Framingham is advertising for a director of student services. […]
- SLIDESHOW: Centre Music House Showcases Student Talent December 10, 2013For the first time, Centre Music House showcased student performances in recitals this fall, said Max Larson, Creative Director at the 30-year old Framingham small business. […]
- United Way of Tri-County Launches Call2Talk, a Mental Health Helpline December 9, 2013The United Way of Tri-County has launched a free mental health helpline, connecting people in need to trained volunteers. […]
- Did You Know Tuesday is Election Day? December 9, 2013Tuesday, voters in Framingham will go to the polls to elect a new U.S. Representative, to replace Ed Markey, who became the state's junior senator earlier this year. […]
- Help Wanted: Director of Student Services for Lighthouse Academies December 10, 2013
- Now Hiring: Financial Analyst, Office Manager December 9, 2013Looking for a new job? Your first job? Wayland Patch is here to help with a roundup of what's available in and around town. […]
- Where/When You Can Vote in Congressional Election on Tuesday December 9, 2013On Tuesday, Dec. 10, Wayland voters will head to the polls in the special election for the 5th Congressional District. […]
- Home of the Week: Little Farms Road Cape, $319,900 December 8, 2013Built in 1964, this Cape home, near the Wayland and Sudbury borders, has more than 2,000 square feet of living space. […]
- Stanmar Inc. chosen to build for Nantucket Boys & Girls Club December 6, 2013The Boys & Girls Club has chosen a contractor for the $5 million expansion of its Sparks Avenue facility, and expects to break ground in the spring of 2014. […]
- Now Hiring: Financial Analyst, Office Manager December 9, 2013